Falkirk extend unbeaten league run to 34 games despite early red in Kelty draw

The champions drew 2-2.

Falkirk continued their unbeaten league run
Falkirk continued their unbeaten league run (Bradley Collyer/PA)

League One champions Falkirk extended their unbeaten run to 34 league games despite going down to 10 men early on in their 2-2 draw with Kelty Hearts.

Kalvin Miller opened the scoring inside eight minutes for the hosts at the Falkirk Stadium but they then lost Coll Donaldson to a red card in the 17th minute for a high challenge.

The visitors got a lucky break when Leon McCann turned the ball into his own net in the 25th minute before Callumn Morrison restored Falkirk’s lead in the 32nd minute.

One minute later, Reece Lyon fired home from the edge of the area to ensure the sides split the points.

Goals either side of half-time from Jamie Barjonas and Reghan Tumilty secured second-placed Hamilton a 2-1 victory over fourth-placed Montrose, whose goal came from Blair Lyons in the first half.

Relegated hosts Edinburgh City were level with Annan Athletic at the break, but Aidan Smith completed the visitors’ 2-1 comeback eight minutes after the restart, while Stirling Albion and Queen of the South’s clash ended in a goalless stalemate.

Bobby Wales fired in the winner for Alloa Athletic, bagging a brace in the process, one minute from time in their 3-2 victory at Cove Rangers, where all but one of the goals came in a dramatic second half.

League Two bottom club Clyde claimed a valuable point in their battle against relegation after Barry Cuddihy struck home in the 71st minute of their 2-2 draw with champions Stenhousemuir.

The result keeps them just one point adrift of ninth-placed Stranraer, whose meeting with Dumbarton ended in a goalless stalemate on an afternoon that saw the Sons drop to third place after Peterhead claimed a dramatic 1-1 draw at 10-man Elgin City.

Ross Draper’s 10th-minute opener saw Elgin leading – despite Keith Bray’s 57th-minute sending-off – until Peter Pawlett levelled in second-half stoppage time to draw his side level on 56 points with Dumbarton, but moving up to second on goal difference.

Russell McLean’s second-half brace secured Forfar a 2-1 win over East Fife, while Blair Henderson scored an 85th-minute winner in Spartans’ 1-0 victory at Bonnyrigg Rose.