A security alert in east Belfast sparked by the discovery of a suspicious object has been declared an elaborate hoax.
Residents in the Glenlea Park area were evacuated from their homes on Thursday afternoon.
A PSNI spokesman said on Friday that the alert had ended.
"A report was received shortly after 3pm, that a suspicious object had been left in the area," he said.
"Officers attended the scene and cordons were put in place. These have now been lifted.
"Ammunition Technical Officers (ATO) were called to examine the object which was later declared to be an elaborate hoax.
"The object was taken from the scene and will be forensically examined."
He added that an "investigation is underway and anyone with any information which could assist with the investigation is asked to contact officers at Strandtown on 101".