TWO men are due in court today after being charged over a stabbing incident in the Antrim Close area of north Belfast.
The attack was reported just before 11.40pm on Monday, with emergency services called to the scene where a man said he had been assaulted by several men.
A PSNI spokesperson had previously said the man was stabbed five times and hit about the head with a hammer.
He was later taken to hospital by ambulance for treatment to his injuries.
Detectives have now charged a 25-year-old man with wounding with intent to cause grievous bodily harm, while a 26-year-old man was also charged with possession of a Class A controlled drug with intent to supply.
Both are set to appear before Belfast Magistrates' Court today, with all charges to be reviewed by the Public Prosecution Service.
Three men aged 20, 24 and 37 as well as a 35-year-old woman have been released on bail to allow for further enquiries.