How much of these 12 things would it take to kill you?
As morbid as the headline you just read is, it’s actually a pretty fascinating question.
YouTube channel AsapSCIENCE has almost 6.8 million subscribers, a real knack for this kind of thing, and a history for looking into deadly amounts – which you’ll find out about later.
Here they are to explain more.
Any of that surprise you? Still trying to get your head around it all?
Perhaps a recap will help. AsapSCIENCE’s team of Mitchell Moffit and Gregory Brown source a plethora of scientific papers and articles to find answers to your science questions. So based on their research, here’s 12 things which could kill you – fun!
1. 129 teaspoons of pepper.
2. A few teaspoons of nutmeg.
3. 10.5 cups of suger (assuming you’re 150lbs (68kg)).
4. 24 170ml tubes or 6 ounces of toothpaste.
5. 68 nanograms of botox.
6. Around 11,000 oranges or 809 vitamin C supplement pills.
7. 14G of acceleration.
8. An internal body temperature of 40C.
9. An internal body temperature of -21C.
10. 7,143 abdominal X-rays in a row.
11. Around 25 medium sized green potatoes.
12. About 480 bananas.
Scary stuff hey – you’ll think the next time you’re about to eat 480 bananas in one go.
But wait, there’s more – and part one of the Canadian YouTubers’ “this much will kill you” theme is well worth a watch.
It’s all about moderation…