Jaguar F-Pace: Keeping pace
JAGUAR has given its big F-Pace SUV a nip/tuck, added a plug-in hybrid and new engines and given the interior an overhaul.
Here are some of the highlights...
- A new bonnet design, super-slim quad LED headlamps and a new bumper give the F-Pace a more assertive appearance.
- The plug-in hybrid drivetrain is shared with other cars in the Jaguar Land Rover family. That means the F-Pace combines a four-cylinder petrol engine and electric motor system to give a more than useful 399bhp and a battery range of up to 33 miles. CO2 emissions of 49g/km will catch the attention of company car users. Everyone else will be impressed by its 0-60mph time of 5.0 seconds...
- Other engines include four- and six-cylinder petrol and diesel units, most with mild-hybrid tech. All F-Paces use an eight-speed automatic gearbox and have four-wheel-drive.
- Software updates are delivered over-the-air, just like your smartphone.
- Tech includes 'active road noise cancellation' to keep the cabin quiet and air ionisation and filtration to keep its atmosphere clean.
- A new interior features a central 11.4-inch HD touchscreen with curved glass and a magnesium casing. The driver can also benefit from a 12.3-inch configurable instrument display.
- Prices start at £40,860 and rise to £64,990, with trim levels including S, SE and R-Dynamic.