Essential info: George Ezra & David Guetta at Belsonic
BELSONIC returns to Belfast's Ormeau Park this weekend, with guitar-wielding English pop star George Ezra playing tonight and top French DJ/producer David Guetta performing on Saturday evening.
At time of press, there were still tickets available for tonight's George Ezra show, which features support from Kingfisher and Gavin James, via ticketmaster.ie, while David Guetta is already sold-out.
Gates will open for both concerts at 6pm, with Translink running special bus services to and from Ormeau Park. Last entry is at 9.45pm, while curfew times will be shared on social media in the run up to the shows.
The David Guetta event is restricted to over-16s only, however under-16s (minimum age is five) can attend George Ezra provided they have their own ticket and are accompanied at all times by a parent or guardian over the age of 25, who must sign them in at the gate. A maximum of two under-16s can be signed in by each parent/guardian. Sign-in will be available from 6pm.
For over-16s, valid identification will be required. This includes:
- Valid passport
- Photo driving license
- Government approved proof of age card PASS, citizen card (citizencard.com) or validateuk.co.uk
- Electoral card
- Student card
- Yoti app yoti-citizencard-new-id-solution-for-the-uk
Travelling by car? Here's how to get there - though be aware that the PSNI will have road closures in place around the event to facilitate crowds.
Road closures as follows:
- Annadale Embankment (Lane closure) - southern side only from Ormeau Road to Kings Bridge (16:00-23:59).
- Ormeau Embankment (Lane closure) - both sides from Ravenhill Road to Ormeau Road (14:00-23:59).
- Ormeau Embankment (Road closure) from Ravenhill Road to Ormeau Road (16:00-23:59)
- Ormeau Road (Lane closure) - Ormeau Park side only from Ormeau Embankment to Park Road (14:00-23:59).
- Park Road (Lane closure) - Ormeau Park side only from Ormeau Road to Cross Parade (06:00-23-59)
- Ravenhill Road (Lane closure) - Ormeau Park side only from Park Road to Ormeau Embankment (14:00-23:59).
- Stranmillis Embankment (Lane closure) - northern side only from Kings Bridge to Ormeau Road (14:00-23:59)
Wondering what you can/can't wear to/bring to Belsonic? Wonder no more:
- No football tops of any kind are permitted.
- There are no cloakroom facilities on site and no bags bigger than A4 size are permitted. No luggage or laptop computers are permitted.
- If you need to bring your own food with you for medical reasons, contact the promoter directly at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Guests are not allowed to bring professional photography equipment into the venue.
Finally, make sure you have a valid ticket. Only buy from Ticketmaster outlets and, if in doubt, check: