FLOAT Like A Butterfly's period-set mix of heartwrenching family drama, road-movie adventure, coming-of-age melodrama and fight flick pugilistics might favour sentimentality over subtlety while being overly seasoned with cliches and heavy-handed scoring, yet writer/director Carmel Winters's film manages to punch above its weight thanks to an affecting performance from lead actor Hazel Doupe.
Film Headlines see all »
- Cult Movie: A fond farewell to family favourite Doris Day
- Irish fight flick Float Like a Butterfly struggles to soar
- Keanu Reeves on new John Wick flick: To be able to try to do my best is a gift
- PAW Patrol: Mighty Pups is light on plot but kids won't care
- Action sequel John Wick Chapter 3 is 'an adrenaline-pumping hoot'