Jim Allister refuses to shake Martina Anderson's hand
TUV leader Jim Allister refused to shake Sinn Féin MEP Martina Anderson's hand after the European election results were announced last night.
Mr Allister shook hands with the DUP's Diane Dodds and second-placed MEP, the Alliance's Naomi Long, following their victories.
But he refused to acknowledge the Sinn Féin representative.
During his closing speech, he hit out at Ms Anderson - a convicted IRA bomber who served 13 years in jail.
- 'History made' as north returns two anti-Brexit MEPs
- Sinn Féin fighting to retain seats in Republic's three EU constitituencies
- Former SDLP leader Mark Durkan 'does not regret' Fine Gael run for Dublin seat despite defeat
"I also say to Miss Anderson, you will never represent the unionists of Northern Ireland," he said.
"No IRA bomber who set her hand to destroy unionist people, all people, through bombs and bullets will ever represent the people of this province."
- Naomi Long's East Belfast successor may not even see inside Stormont
- Mary Lou McDonald reflects on 'challenging weekend' for Sinn Féin
TUV members also turned their backs on the stage while Ms Anderson made her victory speech.