A FUNNY thing happens to pater hibernicus, the Irish dad, when he gets to a certain point in life: rather than put away his youthful daydreams of freedom and the open road, he channels his spirit of adventure into the annual family overland (and sea, naturally) expedition to France.
By Tess de la Mare, Press Association
Michael McHugh, Press Association
Holidays&Travel Headlines see all »
- Airports schmairports: A boat to Brittany the way to go for summer hols in France
- Ferry link between Ireland and Spain starts at end of April
- Plane left dangling off cliff near Turkish runway had 'surge of speed in one engine'
- Austrian ski resort Bad Gastein where Abba meets the wild west – in a good way
- Eating Out: Northern Lights dim a bit when it comes to craft beer pub grub