Williams have confirmed that American rookie Logan Sargeant will remain with the team next season.
The British outfit’s move to retain Sargeant, 22, for a second campaign completes the 20-driver grid for 2024.
Sargeant, who scored just one point during a difficult first season, will race alongside Alex Albon after the London-born Thai’s seat had already been confirmed.
Sophomore year loading…🌀
We’re thrilled to announce that @logansargeant will continue to drive for the team next season! 🙌
— Williams Racing (@WilliamsRacing) December 1, 2023
“I am thrilled to be continuing with Williams Racing for the 2024 season,” said Sargeant.
“It has been an incredible journey with the team so far and I am grateful for the opportunity to continue developing as a driver within such a talented and dedicated group.
“We have exciting plans for the future and I can’t wait to contribute to the team’s success in the coming year.”
Sargeant claimed his maiden point in Formula One – the first American to score in the sport since Michael Andretti 30 years ago for McLaren – after Lewis Hamilton and Charles Leclerc were both disqualified from the United States Grand Prix in Austin in October.
Albon finished the year with an impressive 27 points to help Williams land seventh in the constructors’ championship, the team’s best result for six seasons.
Zoom in bottom left 👀👊🏼 pic.twitter.com/6Oysue8oih
— Logan Sargeant (@LoganSargeant) December 1, 2023
“I am pleased to continue our journey with Logan into 2024,” said team principal James Vowles.
“Logan has demonstrated immense skill whilst under the pressure of the world stage, making him a perfect fit for our team.
“We have great confidence in his abilities and believe that together we can achieve even greater success in the upcoming season.”
The Formula One season will start in Bahrain on March 2.