The Irish News Terms of Service
This Website is operated on behalf of Irish News Ltd (“Irish News”).
1. What are these Terms about
Outlined here are the Terms and Conditions ("Terms") which govern your use of the www.irishnews.com Website, its associated Websites and any of the apps available for use. These Terms apply regardless of the type of device you are using. You will be deemed to have agreed to be bound by these Terms when you use, access or browse the Website, comment on the Website, register your details with us or subscribe for email or online services or send us an email.
For the purposes of these Terms, "Website" refers to irishnews.com "Content" includes all or part of any text, graphics, layout, cartoons, logos, images, audio material, video or other moving images, product details and/or software published or otherwise available on the Website from time to time (including, anything made available for download).
2. About us
The Website is operated by or on behalf of Irish News Ltd. Our office address is Fountain Centre, College Street, Belfast, BT1 6ET and our VAT number is 252293468. You can contact us by telephone on the Irish News General Switchboard at 02890322226. We are a company registered in Northern Ireland and our registration number is NI 19406.
3. Changes to these Terms
We reserve the sole right to change these Terms without notice and with immediate effect. Please check these Terms regularly as any changes are effective immediately upon posting to the Website. Continued use of the Website after posting will be deemed acceptance of the changes.
4. Registration and subscription
Our main aim in collecting personal information is to provide you with the best and most useful content to help improve your online experience.
Access to some areas of the Website is restricted to users who have registered their details with us or subscribed to our services. Any failure to adhere to any part of these Terms shall constitute a breach of our Terms.
By registering and / or subscribing on the Irish News Website, you agree that:
- You must not use a false name or email or provide any false information nor impersonate another person when registering for use of the Website and our email services.
- If you have a password for registration, you shall not share or disclose it to any third party, nor allow any third party to use your password to gain access to the areas and services for registered users.
- You will not do anything which would assist anyone who is not a registered user to gain access to any registration area of the Irish News Website and you will not create registration accounts for the purpose of abusing the functionality of the Website, or other users; nor will you seek to pass yourself off as another user.
- You will notify us immediately of any unauthorised use of your personal details by others.
- If you wish to cancel your registration you will contact us using the contact form.
- All our prices are set out on The Irish News website and may change from time to time. Our prices include any applicable sales tax.
- We are not obliged to honour prices that are the result of obvious errors and which you could reasonably be expected to know are mis-pricing. If we reimburse you for any reason we may credit your account, or we may reimburse your payment card (at our discretion). Your legal rights aren’t affected.
- During the sign up process, you will need to provide MPP with the information needed to collect payments. By doing this you authorise MPP to collect payments on our behalf.
- If a payment fails, MPP will try again within the following 12 hours. When MPP isn't able to process a payment you won't be able to use/access the part of the service the failed payment relates to.
- If you subscribe through a free trial offer, a payment will be authorised by your bank but no payment will be taken by us. You should be aware however that this may affect your available balance or credit limit.
- All subscriptions are set to automatically renew using the payment method you provided, unless you cancel before your renewal date.
- If you wish to cancel your subscription you will contact us using the contact form.
If you no longer accept these Terms or any future modifications to these Terms you must cease using the Irish News Website. If you no longer wish to have a registered account, you may terminate your account by sending an email to email@example.com.
If for any reason we believe that you have not complied with these Terms we may, at our sole discretion, cancel your access without prior notice.
If we cancel your agreement with us after you’ve paid a subscription payment to use the subscription part of the service, you’ll have access to the part of the service to which the subscription payment relates for the remainder of your usage month/period, but your subscription won’t automatically be renewed.
In any event, we may immediately suspend or restrict your use of all or any part of the services and/or content without refunding or compensating you if:
- you fail to make a payment you owe us or if your payment method fails;
- we suspect or believe that you've committed or may be committing any fraudulent activity against us or against any other person or organisation through your or their use of the service or content;
- you or your additional users have acted towards our staff or agents in a way which we reasonably consider to be inappropriate or unacceptable; or
- it's not reasonably avoidable due to technical or operational reasons which are beyond our reasonable control.
We advise that you never reveal any personal information about yourself or anyone else (including telephone number, home address or email address) through any postings on this Website
We may refuse or remove or suspend your registration at any time. Continued use of the Irish News Website indicates your continued acceptance of these Terms and conditions.
We may terminate or suspend your registered account, at our sole discretion, by emailing you at the address you have registered stating that the agreement has terminated. Our decision to suspend or terminate your account will be based entirely on our own best judgment.
Whether or not you are a registered user, when using our Digital Products and all of our Services you must always act honestly and appropriately. Unacceptable behaviour includes being abusive, offensive, defamatory, infringing anyone's privacy, trolling, discriminatory or racial conduct, harassing or doing anything which would upset or be disrespectful to any other person.
7. Intellectual Property
We are the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in the Website, the Content and the Trade Marks. Subject to these Terms, we grant you a limited, temporary, revocable, and non-exclusive licence to access, browse and use the Website (including the Content and Trade Marks) in accordance with the Terms.
The Website, apps and the Content may only be used for your personal, non- commercial use only. You accept that the Irish News is the sole owner of all content on the Website, including without limitation, all applicable copyrights, patents, trademarks, trade secrets, trade names, logos, and other intellectual property rights, including texts, images, graphics, logos, audio, video and all other content. The Irish News content is protected globally by applicable international copyright treaties.
For example you may not:
- download or print any Content or extracts in a systematic manner so as to create a database in electronic or paper form comprising all or part of the Content from the Website; nor
- reproduce, republish, modify, archive, distribute, store, archive, show in public or commercially exploit the Content without our prior written consent; nor
- modify or adapt or create derivative works of the Content; nor
- make use of links to this Website received as part of a paid-for media monitoring service; nor
- systematically forward links to this Website within a business or outside a business for business purposes;
- copy or extract data from this Website by means of robots, spiders, crawlers or other automatic devices or by any manual process used to systematically extract or copy web content; nor
- copy, reproduce or otherwise publish any of our content, trademarks or logos.
If you wish to syndicate or licence any Content from this Website, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or contact us by telephone on 02890322226.
If you operate a news aggregation service that charges a subscription fee to its users, then you also need to approach the NLA directly to discuss your licensing requirements (www.nla.co.uk).
8. Access and use of the Website
At all times when you are accessing, browsing or using or registering for use of the Website, you must do so lawfully and legitimately, not for any purpose which might harass or cause inconvenience or distress to any person and without infringing or restricting anyone else’s rights or use and enjoyment of the Website.
You must never use the Website in a manner or upload any material or link to any material which is false, fraudulent, inaccurate or misleading, obscene, offensive, defamatory, abusive or in breach of any third party rights.
Third parties are permitted to link to stories within Irishnews.com, using the URL and the source Website. But content must not be reproduced on a third party Website without express authorisation from us.
It is at our absolute discretion to permanently or temporarily terminate, suspend or deny your access to the Website at any time without notice. We may remove or edit Content on the Website, at any time without notice and at our absolute discretion. To the fullest extent permitted by law, no Irish News directors, employees or other representatives have any liability to you whatsoever for any loss or damage arising from such removal or editing or any restriction or hindrance to your use of the Website, email services or password.
9. Submission of Content
If you submit materials to us, you agree:
- to grant us a non-exclusive, sub-licensable, unconditional, irrevocable, fully transferable, royalty free, worldwide, perpetual license to use, copy, distribute, publish, republish, store, archive, syndicate, sub-license, transmit, adapt, edit, translate, create derivative works from, perform, play, exercise publicity and copyright rights in relation to such material (including any ideas, concepts or formats) in any manner and in any format and/or media now known or later developed for the full term of any rights that may exist in such content;
- to any moral rights in the material submitted;
- that we may disclose your identity to any third party making any claim or assertion of any kind in relation to your material; and
- that we may monitor your use of the Website and any communications made via the Website.
Any material you submit:
- must be your own original work and you must own the copyright and any other relevant rights;
- must not be obscene, threatening, menacing, offensive, defamatory, abusive, in breach of confidence, in breach of any intellectual property right (including, without limitation, copyright) or otherwise in breach of or violates any applicable law or regulation or code, and you shall indemnify us and keep us fully indemnified against any third party liabilities, claims, costs, loss or damage we incur as a result of publishing material you submit to us, including consequential losses.
You also agree to abide by all copyright notices and restrictions attached to the Content and not to remove any such notice or restriction, or alter the Content in any way.
We shall exercise our rights and sole discretion in relation to material submitted by you or any user. We have sole discretion over your material and content and may remove your content at any time. We, or authorised third parties, reserve the right to crop, edit or refuse to publish, your content at our or their sole discretion. We may remove your content from use at any time. We accept no liability in respect of any content by users and published by us or by authorised third parties.
We accept no liability for any content submitted by you or other users and third parties. We do not vet or pre-screen any material that you or other users and third parties have submitted to the Website, however we reserve, without liability, the right to remove, at any time and without reason or prior notice any material submitted by you or other users and third parties.
You acknowledge, agree and warrant that when you post content on the Irish News Website or when you view content provided by others, that you are doing so at your own discretion and risk, including any reliance on the accuracy and completeness, of that content. You further acknowledge, agree and warrant that the views expressed in the content by you and other users do not reflect the views of the Irish News, and our use does not mean that we support or endorse user content.
Irish News reserves the right to monitor any communications you make on the Website and by submitting any material or making any such communication you thereby consent to such monitoring.
By submitting your contribution to the Website, you warrant that such contribution is your own original work and that you have the right to make it available to the Irish News for all the purposes specified above, that it is not defamatory or obscene, and does not infringe any law or regulatory provision or any person’s rights in any jurisdiction. You accept that breach by you of these Terms may cause loss or damage to Irish News and you agree to indemnify Irish News against all legal fees, damages and other expenses that may be incurred by Irish News as a result of your breach of these Terms.
You agree to and warrant to your waiving of any moral rights in your contribution for the purposes of its submission to and publication on the Website and the other purposes specified above.
10. Data Protection and Privacy
All personal information held by the Irish News will be held in accordance with the Terms of applicable data protection laws. Throughout this Website you may have an opportunity to send us information relating to you such as through the "contact us" pages or any other area where you may send e- mails, request brochures, enter contests or respond to any promotions. By choosing to participate in these, you will be providing us with some level of personal information relating to you. This information will only be used by Irish News for:
- the purposes for which it was provided by you;
- verification purposes and statistical analysis;
- to provide you with details of products, services, contests, competitions or promotions being provided or run by Irish News or any of its associated companies or any third party that we may select and which we may think would be of interest to you, unless you have otherwise specifically opted not to receive this information.
The online sales and other e-commerce services available via the Website are provided either by us as an agent for third party suppliers or directly by third parties.
Where we act as principal, specific Terms and conditions will apply to any resulting online sales and these will be drawn to your attention before the sale is complete.
12. Third party links
The Website contains hypertext links to third party Websites.
Links to all third party Websites are identifiable because clicking on them will launch new browser windows displaying the third party's Website URLs. Such links are provided for your convenience and reference only. You access third party Websites at your own risk. The Irish News cannot be held responsible in any way for the content, operation or availability of such Websites.
We are not responsible for, nor do we endorse in any way such third party websites or their content.
A third party must ensure that nothing on its own Website suggests or could be understood to imply that any part of our Website is part of its own Website unless the third party has obtained the prior written approval of Irish News.
Irish News reserves the right to withdraw any permission without explanation or notice if in its sole judgment use of such links is excessive or inappropriate. Irish News also reserves the right to change the location and nature of files within the Website without explanation or notice; it is the responsibility of the third party to check and update links.
Third parties must not deep-link to, or frame or use other techniques to enclose any part of the Website.
13. Co-branded Websites
In addition to the provision of third party Websites above, some third party Websites to which links are provided are "co-branded" Websites which are operated by third parties with whom Irish News might have a commercial association, including Websites by means of which you can make payment for use of the Website or associated services.
14. Advertising and Sponsorship
Parts of the Website contain advertising and sponsorship. Advertisers and sponsors are solely responsible for ensuring that material submitted for inclusion on the Website complies with all legal and regulatory requirements and does not contain any material which is objectionable including, without limit, information which is defamatory, obscene, threatening or untrue for example. We are not responsible for any such material or any error or inaccuracy contained in such material and any issues which you may have should be raised directly with the relevant advertiser or sponsor.
For more information about placing advertising or sponsorship on the Website please email email@example.com.
The Website may contain contextual affiliate links from which we could potentially earn revenue. However, the content of our articles are never influenced by advertisers or an affiliate, nor are they written for the purpose of promoting a product.
15. Email Marketing
- On occasions we may send you email messages containing advertisements, special promotions and other marketing subject to your permission.
- The User must decide to "opt-in" to our email messages during the registration process.
- We reserve the right to partner with any email marketers to provide these Opt-in Email Programmes.
- Any interaction with advertisers delivered via email are solely between you and the third parties. This includes but is not limited to participation in promotions, payment for and delivery of goods or services.
- We are not responsible or liable for any loss or damage of any sort incurred as the result of any such dealings.
16. Mail Order Advertising
For most advertisements and inserts where the reader can make a prepayment prior to receiving the goods offered, the advertiser is required to be a member of the National Newspapers Mail Order Protection Scheme For information tel: 01628 641930 or www.mops.org.uk.
17. Gambling and betting
All gambling, betting and associated services available on the Website or which are accessible from it are provided and operated by third party operators whose identity and details including contact details are given on the relevant WebPages. Irish News does not operate, nor is it responsible in any way, for these services and all liability is hereby excluded. Customers contract direct with such third parties and should note the disclaimer on such pages and the relevant Terms and conditions of use.
18. Promotions, competitions and prize draws
We may from time to time run competitions, free prize draws and/or other promotions on the Website. Any such competitions, prize draws and/or other promotions will be subject to additional Terms and conditions that will be made available to you at the relevant time.
19. Exclusions and limitations of liability
Irish News is not regulated by the Financial Services Authority and the Content has not been approved under the Financial Services and Markets Act 2000.
The information and/or data on the Website is provided by us and our data providers for your general information only and use and is not intended for trading purposes or to address your particular financial or other requirements.
Before taking any action or decision based in whole or in part on the Content, you should always make your own independent checks of any information that is important in making such decision or taking such action. The Content should only be used for your general information and use and not by way of specific recommendation or advice. You should get professional advice in appropriate circumstances such as on medical, investment, tax, financial, legal and other professional matters.
Irishnews.com nor any of its data providers or affiliates gives any warranty or guarantee relating to availability of the Website or that the Website and/or our operation of it, the Content or the server that makes the Website available or are error or virus free or free of other harmful components or that your use of the Website and/or the Content will be uninterrupted. You must take your own precautions in this respect as we accept no responsibility for any infection by virus or other contamination or by anything which has destructive properties.
Although we will do our best to provide constant, uninterrupted access to the Irish News Website, we do not guarantee this. We accept no responsibility or liability for any interruption or delay.
Irish News does not give any warranties or liability in respect of the Content or the Website and/or apps, freedom from viruses or other contamination, or that the Website and/or apps is compatible with any computer systems, software and browsers.
While all reasonable care is taken, we do not warrant the accuracy, completeness, timeliness, performance or fitness for any particular purpose of the Content or the Website, nor do we endorse or accept any responsibility for any views, advice, recommendations or opinions expressed on the Website, apps or any Website to which we link. You should note that any contact or arrangements made between you and any third party named on the Website or any third party Website linked from it (including without limitation any Website with which we have a commercial association) is at your own risk, and as permitted by law Irish News excludes all liability.
Irish News shall not be liable for any claims, losses, injuries, penalties, damages, costs or expenses arising from the use of, or inability to use the Website or Content or from any action taken, or omitted to be taken, as a result of using the Website or Content.
Irish News excludes liability to you and/or any third party for any consequential or incidental damages (including but not limited to lost profits, loss of privacy or for failure to fulfill any duty) or for any other indirect, special or punitive damages whatsoever that arise out of or are related to the use of the Website or the Content or otherwise, even if Irish News has been advised of the possibility of such damages and even in the event of fault or strict liability.
You agree that, subject to the forgoing Terms, your exclusive remedy and only recovery for any damage you incur, shall be limited to the direct damages (if any) you actually incur in reasonable and exclusive reliance on the Website or Content, and for which we may be held liable by a competent court, of up to a limit of the refund of the amount you paid (if any) in relation to the particular use of the Content in total during the month in which the damage first incurred.
You warrant that the content you submit to us is not obscene, threatening, harassing, libelous, discriminatory, racial hatred, deceptive, fraudulent, invasive of another's privacy, offensive, defamatory of any person or illegal. You warrant that the content you submit to us does not infringe any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright, or other intellectual or proprietary or privacy right of any party or individual.
You agree not to:
- post content which is deliberately intended to upset or harm other users;
- use the Irish News Website to post or otherwise transmit content that victimises, harasses, degrades, or intimidates an individual or group of individuals on the basis of any impermissible classification, including, without limitation, religion, gender, sexual orientation, race, colour, creed, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, age, marital status, military status or disability;
- post or otherwise transmit any content that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files, or programs designed to interrupt, destroy, or limit the functionality of the Irish News Website or any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment;
- upload or otherwise transmit any content, or take any other actions with respect to your use of the Irish News Website, that would constitute, or would otherwise encourage, criminal conduct or give rise to civil liability; or
- use the Irish News Website for commercial purposes, including, without limitation, submitting any material to solicit funds or to promote, advertise or solicit the sale of any goods or services.
You understand that the technical processing and transmission of the Irish News Website may involve:
- transmissions over various networks; and
- changes to content to conform and adapt to technical requirements of connecting networks or devices. Irish News assumes no responsibility for the deletion or failure to store postings of content or other information submitted by you or other users to the Irish News Website.
If you are under 16, you confirm that you have permission of your parent or Irish News to submit content.
20. General Restrictions
- You may not infringe or try to infringe the privacy or other rights of other Irish News users. This includes you storing or trying to store personal data or usage details of other Irish News users.
- You may not infringe any applicable law (for instance copyright law) when using Irish News to access, view or listen to Irish News Content.
- You may not subject the Irish News and/or the Irish News Content to any derogatory treatment or use them in such a way that would bring the Irish News into disrepute (with reference to the Irish News Guidelines), or cause the Irish News to incur liability to any third party.
- You may not directly or indirectly charge others for accessing, viewing or listening to any Irish News Content, or commercialise or attempt to re-sell the Irish News Content in any way, which includes advertising or selling any goods and services which offer Irish News Content including any third party software applications.
- You may not directly or indirectly suggest any endorsement or approval by the Irish News of a product or service (for instance, a personal Website) or any non-Irish News entity, product or content or any belief or opinion expressed within a product or service.
- You may not disrupt or try to disrupt Irish News. You agree not to use Irish News to distribute software viruses or other harmful programs, or use Irish News to engage in harmful, harassing or otherwise objectionable activity, including activity inhibiting access to Irish News by others.
- You may not harass or cause distress or inconvenience to any other person using Irish News or transmit obscene or offensive content or disrupt the normal flow of dialogue within Irish News, in particular, on Irish News message boards and blogs.
- You are prohibited from posting or transmitting to or from this Website any material for which you have not obtained all necessary licences and/or approvals.
- You may not misuse the Website (including, without limitation, by hacking). This list is not exhaustive and may be amended by the Irish News from time to time (collectively referred to as "Excluded Products or Services").
Additional Terms for particular Irish News may allow you to display the Irish News Content on your Website, blog or other product or service, but you may not display Irish News Content where it is on or in connection with Excluded Products or Services, namely products or services which:
- contain pornography and sexually explicit content;
- contain offensive text or images;
- incite hatred whether based on race, religion, gender, sexuality or otherwise, or promote, encourage or facilitate anti-social behaviour;
- contain gratuitous violence or promote, encourage or facilitate violence;
- promote, encourage or facilitate terrorism or other activities that risk national security;
- discriminate against any specific social group or otherwise exploit vulnerable sections of society;
- promote, facilitate or encourage illegal activity;
- are misleading, defamatory, or that contain illegal, or otherwise actionable content under Northern Ireland law;
- infringe individual privacy
- put the welfare of children at risk;
- promote the tobacco industry or the armaments industry (including gun clubs);
- where presence of a Irish News application might be perceived as damaging the Irish News's reputation for accuracy and impartiality (with reference to the Irish News Guidelines); and
- bring the Irish News into disrepute (with reference to the Irish News).
21. Digital Rights Management
So that the Irish News can meet its obligations to third parties who own rights in Irish News Content, the Irish News may embed digital rights management security in Irish News Online Services or Irish News Content and/or use other content-protection measures. You may not adjust or circumvent or try to adjust or circumvent these technical measures.
22. Parental Guidance
Irish News Content may contain content you consider indecent, objectionable or offensive, or which may not be suitable for young audiences. If you permit a child to use your device to access, view or listen to Irish News Content on Irish News Online Services you are solely responsible for deciding whether or not that Irish News Content is appropriate for that child to view.
23. Expenses, equipment and software
You are solely responsible for paying all expenses you may incur when you access or use Irish News Online Services or access or download Irish News Content including your internet or data service provider charges and any excess charges to that provider if you have a limit on the amount of data you can download together with all costs of the equipment and software you need to connect to and use Irish News Online Services.
24. The right to stop making Irish News Online Services available to you
Irish News reserves the right to stop making all or any part of the Irish News Online Services available to you with immediate effect and without notice if:
- in its sole reasonable opinion you are using the Irish News Content, Irish News Online Services and/or any other Irish News service, inappropriately (for instance harassing or causing distress or inconvenience to any other person), incompetently or in any way that may constitute derogatory treatment of the Irish News or might bring the Irish News into disrepute or in a way that might be considered to be prejudicial to the image of the Irish News;
- you breach the Terms in a way that cannot be corrected, or you fail to correct a breach within a reasonable period of time if the Irish News asks you to do so; or
- there is, in the Irish News’ reasonable opinion, any reason why the Irish News Online Services must be withdrawn.
25. Third parties
The Terms do not create or infer any rights that are enforceable by any person who is not party to the Terms.
26. Transfer of rights
You may not assign, sub-license or otherwise transfer any of your rights and obligations in the Terms to any other person.
You may download certain Irish News apps ("Apps") either from Irish News Websites or from third party app stores or shops. All of these Terms apply to the maximum extent relevant to your use of the Apps.
In addition to the limitations on our liabilities set out in these Terms, we shall not be liable for any damage caused to or interference with any equipment or other Apps or content of any description.
28. Changes to these Terms and conditions of use
Please note that we may change these Terms and conditions from time to time at our sole discretion to ensure that we remain compliant with relevant laws and regulations and we reserve the right to do without your consent. Any revised Terms and conditions will be applicable at the time of posting on the Irish News Website. Please ensure that you review these Terms and conditions regularly as you will be deemed to have accepted a variation if you continue to use the Irish News Website after it has been posted.
You agree to defend, indemnify, and hold harmless Irish News and its data providers and affiliates on demand against all claims, costs, proceedings, demands, losses, damages, expenses (including legal expenses) or liability whatsoever arising directly or indirectly as a result of:
- any breach of these Terms by you; or
- your fault, negligence or breach of statutory duty; or
- your use of software robots, spiders, crawlers, or similar data gathering and extraction tools, or any other action you take that imposes an unreasonable burden or load on our infrastructure (whether owned by, leased or licensed to us) or that of any of our Suppliers.
30. No waiver
Our failure to insist upon or enforce any provision of these Terms of service shall not be construed as a waiver of any provision or right of Irish News.
We accept no responsibility for content which you may find unsuitable and cannot accept liability for any loss or damage caused to your device(s) by our service. This does not affect your statutory rights as a consumer.
Visitors to the Irish News Website agree that their use is at their own sole risk.
32. Complaints and corrections
The Irish News is a member of the Independent Press Standards Organisation (IPSO) and is committed to upholding its Editors' Code of Practice.
If you have a complaint about editorial content or wish to draw an inaccuracy to our attention, you should contact firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, address, daytime telephone number and details of your complaint.
You can also write to: The Editor, The Irish News, Fountain Centre, College Street, Belfast, BT1 6ET or telephone 02890 322226.
If you wish to make a complaint under the Terms of the Editors' Code administered by IPSO, you can find full details at www.ipso.co.uk or you can email email@example.com or telephone 0300 123 2220.
You can also write to: Independent Press Standards Organisation, Gate House, 1 Farringdon Street, London, EC4M 7LG.
Any legal relationship between you and the Irish News will be concluded in English and in accordance with the laws and legal jurisdiction of Northern Ireland.
Notice will be deemed received 24 hours after an e-mail is sent or 3 days after the date of posting.
These Terms form the entire agreement between the parties concerning your access to, browsing and/or use of the Website and supersede all prior agreements, arrangements, understandings and representations made between us (whether written or oral) concerning the Website.
Nothing in these Terms is intended to or shall operate to create a partnership or joint venture of any kind between us or to authorise either of us to act as agent for the other, and neither of us shall have authority to act in the name or on behalf of or otherwise to bind the other in any way (including but not limited to the making of any representation or warranty, the assumption of any obligation or liability and the exercise of any right or power).
If the whole or any part of any provision of these Terms is or becomes invalid, void or unenforceable for any reason the same shall to the extent required be severed from these Terms and rendered ineffective so far as is possible without modifying the remaining provisions of these Terms and shall in no way affect the validity or enforceability of any other provisions.
The rights and remedies of the Irish News under these Terms are independent, cumulative and without prejudice to its rights under the law. These Terms are not intended to create and shall not create any rights, entitlements, claims or benefits enforceable by any third party by virtue of the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999.
As a consumer, you may have certain legal rights regarding claims in respect of losses caused by the Irish News’s negligence or the failure by the Irish News to carry out its obligations. Nothing in the Terms is intended to limit your legal rights as a consumer. For further information about your legal rights you can contact your local authority Trading Standards Department or Citizens Advice Bureau.
By accessing the Website you agree to accept that these Terms are governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Northern Ireland. You also accept the exclusive jurisdiction of the Northern Ireland Courts in relation to any dispute that may arise in connection with these Terms and Conditions or your use of the Website or arising in any way from the Content.