Get ahead in the hospitality industry with the Hastings Group
With a portfolio of seven luxurious hotels, a Hastings Hotel is a common sight across some of Northern Ireland's most iconic skylines. It is Northern Ireland's leading independent hotel group and currently employs over 1,300 staff. Keen to expand and grow, as the industry does, the Hastings Group is always on the lookout for new talent and is currently recruiting for a number of new positions all offering excellent benefits and dedicated training.
As well as a variety of programmes to help career progression, there's also casual positions indeal for college and university students who want an inspight into the industy and a chance to work with flexibility.
Here'a a little bit more about what Hastings do and the roles they currently have available.
What do you do?
Founded in 1966, Hastings Hotels is Northern Ireland’s leading collection of hotels.
The group has seven luxurious hotels each with its own character and distinction giving guests a fabulous choice of locations from city based hotels with easy access to all major air, sea and road links to those that are located amidst stunning scenery and world famous golf courses.
Guests can choose from the 5-star Culloden Estate & Spa, the world famous Europa Hotel, the contemporary Stormont Hotel and Northern Ireland's largest hotel, the Grand Central. Outside of Belfast there is the luxurious Everglades Hotel in Derry, the magnificent Slieve Donard Resort and Spa in Newcastle and the 17th century Ballygally Castle - both offering breathtaking coastal views.
Discover the true meaning of Irish hospitality at Hastings Hotels with luxurious accommodation, gourmet dining using the very best of local produce, world-class spas and first-class facilities for events of all sizes, including weddings, gala dinners, conferences and business meetings.
What type of roles do you have available?
- Chefs – commis, chef de partie, sous
- Management/supervisory roles in Operations
- Night staff in front office
- Casual positions in restaurant, bars and housekeeping ideal for college/university students who want an insight into the industry, and a chance to work flexibly
Why should a jobseeker apply for a job with your company?
Hastings Hotels is Northern Ireland’s leading independent hotel group and currently employs over 1,300 staff.
The training and development of Hastings’ employees are of the utmost importance to the multi award-winning group and each year it invests significant time and financial resource in ensuring their staff receive expert tutoring in a range of topics relevant to their chosen profession. Hastings Hotels is committed to helping staff set their career progression goals and offer continuous support and advice to help them achieve these.
Employees can take part in a variety of programmes to help their progression including:
- Trainee Management Programme which is an opportunity to follow a career path into hospitality management. Participants undergo a two-year development programme aimed at providing them with operational experience across a number of disciplines.
- The group developed a Management Ambassador Programme with the sole aim of supporting continuous professional development within the hospitality sector. Its aims include giving participants a better understanding of the management of customer service and staff teams within the hospitality environment, supporting and presenting a positive personal as well as team image of the Hastings Group and facilitating the continuous professional development of key management skills.
- There is also the Chef Management Ambassador programme which is delivered by Ulster University Business School in conjunction with the Centre for Flexible & Continuing Education and focuses on the development of executive and sous chefs
What application advice would you give jobseekers?
- Clear concise CV
- Excellent grooming
- Demonstrate passion and enthusiasm at interview
- A good attitude
- Show interest in the company/hotel (study the Hastings website)
We can provide the skills, if you provide the right attitude.
For more information on positions available and how to apply check out NIJobs.com