Supporters of Hong Kong's pro-democracy movement yesterday created human chains on both sides of the city's harbour, inspired by a historic protest 30 years ago in the Baltic states against Soviet control.
Northern Ireland news
MORE World news
Christina Paciolla and Claudia Lauer
Yanan Wang and Katie Tam, Associated Press
By Jim Mustian, Michael R Sisak and Michael Balsamo, AP
World news Headlines see all »
- Hong Kong protesters imitate Baltic human chain demonstration against Soviet rule
- Trump decision to cancel visit takes Denmark by surprise
- More people jump into sea from migrant ship in desperate bid to reach shore
- Notre Dame Cathedral restoration
- Nóra Quoirin's family say they 'hope to have more answers soon'