PSNI pledge cash cuts will not impact Natalie McNally murder probe
The PSNI has assured the family of Natalie McNally that warnings about funding cuts will have no impact on their investigation into her brutal murder as they prepare to hold a rally tomorrow.
The 32-year-old, who was 15 weeks pregnant, was brutally murdered in her home at Silverwood Green in Lurgan on December 18.
Members of her family are expected to address a rally in Lurgan Park at 2pm on Saturday, which has been organised by the National Women’s Council of Ireland (NWCI).
Earlier this week the PSNI warned that cash shortfalls could lead to cutbacks.
However, Natalie's father Noel McNally, said today the his family has been assured by police they will continue to press ahead in the hunt for her killer.
"The chief inspector told us that even if there's been cuts in the PSNI this is not going to affect the investigation into Natalie's case," he said.
It is understood Natalie was beaten, strangled and stabbed while police believe she was murdered by someone she knew.
Police released this CCTV footage of a suspect leaving the development where Natalie McNally lived, on the night of her murder:
Mr McNally made a direct appeal to the killer to hand himself in.
"I would say to this fella, if he could just find it in his heart or his conscience somewhere," he said.
"He doesn't know what he is putting my family though and Natalie's friends through.
"Just give yourself up."
He urged the culprit to consider the impact he has had on wider society.
"Help all the wee girls around Northern Ireland who are in fear of you for what you have done to Natalie, that you could do it to someone else," he said.
"Could you please just give yourself into the police."
Mr McNally spoke of his hope for a large turnout at the rally.
"We have been working tirelessly over this last ten days or so putting up posters around shops and doing radio interviews...trying to get as many people to go to this as possible for all the wee girls in Ireland that has been murdered and Natalie as well," he said.
"We are hoping for a big crowd to go, as many people as possible to go, and keep this in the spotlight as much as possible."
A 32-year-old man remains on police bail following his arrest and questioning in the days after Natalie's murder last month.
Police also arrested a 46-year-old man in south Belfast earlier this month.