Northern Ireland news

Woman airlifted to hospital following fire in Dungannon

A woman was taken to hospital in Belfast by the NI Air Ambulance on Thursday following a fire in Dungannon.
Paul Ainsworth

A WOMAN has been airlifted to hospital in Belfast following a fire at a property in Dungannon.

The blaze broke out at a house in the Donaghmore Road area of the town at around 11.30am.

A spokesperson for the Northern Ireland Fire and Rescue Service said the cause of the fire is thought to be accidental.

Fire engines were called in from Dungannon Fire Station as well as Cookstown and Pomeroy, while firefighters donned breathing apparatus and used two hose reels to extinguish the flames.

A spokesman for the ambulance service said an emergency crew was dispatched to the scene along with the charity Air Ambulance.

The spokesman said: "Following assessment and initial treatment at the scene, one patient was taken to the Royal Victoria Hospital by Air Ambulance."

Enjoy reading the Irish News?

Subscribe now to get full access

Topics

Northern Ireland news