Cause of south Belfast fire `under investigation'
THE cause of a fire at the rear of a Chinese restaurant in south Belfast was last night under investigation.
Fireighters were called to the Saintfield Road just before 6am yesterday following reports of a fire at the rear of Harmony Palace.
Fire appliances from Central Fire Station, Whitla Fire Station and Knock Fire Station attended the call out.
Firefighters who arrived at the scene brought the fire at the rear of the building under control.
A Northern Ireland Fire and Rescue spokesman said: "A bin had caught fire and the fire had spread to a gas meter.
"This caused a release of gas, which then caught fire," he said.
"Phoenix Natural Gas engineers attended the site to isolate the natural gas supply and firefighters used two jets to extinguish the fire."
He added: "The cause of fire is under investigation."