Policing Board expected to raise questions about Ian Ogle investigation
Detectives investigating the murder of loyalist Ian Ogle have arrested a 38-year-old man.
It brings to 12 the number of people arrested in connection with the murder, two women and nine men have all been released without charge as the investigation continues.
One of those arrested and released is a close relative of the murdered father-of-two.
The leading loyalist was attacked by up to five men in Sunday, January 27, close to his Cluan Place home in east Belfast.
His killing has been linked to infighting between members of the UVF in east Belfast that had been ongoing for around 18-months.
Police this week made a further appeal for information about the black Seat Leon used as a getway car by some of the killers.
Forensic samples collected from the car and the scene of the murder are currently undergoing DNA testing.
The Policing Board will meet tomorrow with the Chief Constable George Hamilton expected to face questions about the murder and ongoing police investigation.
SDLP Policing and Justice Spokesperson Dolores Kelly said there was frustration at the failure by unionist political representatives to "face down" loyalist paramilitary gangs within their constituencies.
"It is an utter disgrace that many of our most marginalised and impoverished communities- controlled by criminal gangs working under the guise of 'paramilitaries'- have been virtually left behind by politicians", she said.
"The culture of fear in many of these communities, where people are intimidated and purposely kept down, is absolutely shameful.
"It is time to face this criminality down. How much more can we expect these communities endure? How many more murders before political representatives stand up and call it out?