News

Man (29) apprehended over spate of Newtownabbey burglaries last year

Police arrested a 29-year-old man on Thursday in relation 29 burglary offences in the Newtownabbey and north Belfast areas last year
Gareth McKeown

A 29-year-old man will appear in court next month in relation to a spate of burglaries in Newtownabbey and north Belfast last year.

He was apprehended on Thursday in the Shore Road area and faces a total of almost 30 burglary offences between November and December 2015.

These include 11 counts of burglary and a further 18 counts of attempted burglary.

PSNI Detective Inspector Chris Millar said: "This spate caused a large amount of understandable concern in the community and I am delighted that police officers, working with the help of the local community and injured parties, were able to make the arrest," he said.

The accused also faces one count of possession of a class B controlled drug and will appear at Belfast Magistrates Court on Thursday, November 3.

 

Enjoy reading the Irish News?

Subscribe now to get full access