Mary Boyle's twin calls inquiry into her disappearance a ‘sham'
THE twin sister of missing Co Donegal schoolgirl Mary Boyle has said she has "no confidence" in the new Gardaí review into her disappearance.
The six-year-old, who was last seen near her grandparents' home at Cashelard, Ballyshannon, in March 1977, is believed to have been murdered and her body may have been buried near the Fermanagh border.
In a statement released this week Ann Doherty said the new cold case review was "nothing more than a sham to delay justice further" and an "outrageous waste of public money".
She recently led two marches seeking justice for Mary.
As part of the new review into Mary Boyle's disappearance searches were carried out by Gardaí in Co Donegal last month but Mrs Doherty said she had no faith in the Garda inquiry.
Claiming to know the identify of the person who killed her sister, she said she had not named them in the hope they would face trial and conviction but now she says she may "revise that decision".
In her statement Mrs Doherty thanked all those for their support since the Youtube documentary 'Mary Boyle: The Untold Story' by journalist Gemma O'Doherty aired and urged anyone with information to bring it forward.
The first public screening of the documentary was held in St Mary's University College, Belfast on Tuesday night.