IT WAS another climber's dream, but ultimately it was Co Down man Noel Hanna who claimed a historic first when he and three Sherpas successfully climbed to the top of the previously unconquered Burke Khang in the Himalayas last month.
Neil Lancefield, Press Association Transport Correspondent
Holidays&Travel Headlines see all »
- Adventurer Noel Hanna tells of being first to conquer Himalayan peak Burke Khang
- Travel: Winter wonderland dreams come true in Quebec
- Watch the incredible moment a meteor strike lights up the night sky in Lapland
- Travel: Aloha, Hawaii – meeting the mantas in heavenly haven
- Outdoors: 3 ways to see Paddington's Peruvian cousins in the flesh – sorry, fur