On Trend: Five great gifts that look much more expensive than they really are
A little goes a long way with these posh-looking presents for £20 and less, says Sam Wylie-Harris...
Here’s what’s hot without the hefty price tag…
1. Me To You Succulent, £4.99, Clintons
2. M&S Collection Clear Alphabet Make-Up Bags, £5 each
3. Camden Beer 2021, £7, Waitrose
4. Ulster Weavers Butterfly House Tea Towel, £9, Fy
5. Sprout Mindful Thoughts Edition Graphite Plantable Pencils With Seeds In Eco-Friendly Wood, £9, Amazon
6. Royal Opera House Sleeping Beauty Limited Edition Keyring, £9.95
7. Accessorize Reconnected Enamel Charm Rings Multi, £10
8. Bouffants & Broken Hearts Fragranced Votive Duo, £10.50, Boots
9. Mal Paper Affirmations For Kids Card Deck, £14
With 52 cards to choose from, this is a genius set of talking points for kids aged six to 12 years old.
10. Fortnum’s Blanc de Blancs Quarter Bottle NV, Hostomme, £14.95, Fortnum & Mason
Brilliant bubbles with Grand Cru status for the champagne lover in your life.
11. Friends Cappuccino Kit, £14.99, M&Co (available from December)
The sweetest way to start those coffee mornings.
12. Next Velvet Bow Cushion, £16
13. Harvard Ultimate Men’s Gift, £19.50, M&S
14. Cath Kidston Alphabet Pouch R, £14 (was £20)
15. Green People Wildly Soft Hand Care Trio, £20