Netting a Bargain: 5% ‘interest' at Asda Christmas saving scheme OVERNIGHT; £5 off £15 spend at Co-op; Chili movie rentals for £1.90
Jonathan Campbell rounds up the best deals on the web and the high street
– SUPERMARKETS’ Christmas savings schemes are aimed at shoppers who put a little aside each time they visit a store – but the bonuses are paid on a fixed date each year regardless of how long you've been saving.
This means you don’t have to lock your money away for long to gain the incentive. The level of bonus depends only on the amount in your account by the cut-off date. With Asda, for example, you could pay in the minimum £30 by 5pm on November 21 2021 and qualify for the lowest £1 bonus payout by 9am the following day. Deposit the maximum £280 and you’ll receive the maximum £15 bonus, equivalent to 5.35 per cent interest overnight. Worth considering, if you are happy to spend your balance at Asda groceries online, in store and at www.george.com.
– Join the Co-op for £1 by October 5 and get £5 off a £15 spend on groceries. Sign up at https://membership.coop.co.uk/register. Students get 10 per cent off all the time too.
– Video streaming site Chili is offering up to three movie rentals for £1.90 each when you use the code HARVEST3. It's valid until 11.59pm on Sunday September 26 and can be used against selected titles only - but these do include some new releases such as Nobody, Rogue and Freaky. Browse the selection at https://uk.chili.com.
– Got a Tesco Clubcard? You'll get 25 per cent off the supermarket chain's F&F clothing when you swipe it in store until close of business on Sunday September 26.
– Tesco has a couple of good offers with www.vouchercodes.co.uk. Place an order for £25 of goods for delivery and get a £5 voucher to redeem against your next spend in store. That's valid for orders placed by 11.59pm on Saturday September 25 and for first-time online customers only. For click-and-collect there's a similar offer open until September 30. You must go via the VoucherCodes site to claim your £5 voucher. Full details for both offers are on the site.
– Until October 4 you'll get £4 off selected orders of baby products over £15 when you use the code GRYHTF at www.tesco.com. It can be used only once per customer.
– NHS key workers get an exclusive 7 per cent off at Bensons For Beds when ordering online. You must go via www.vouchercodes.co.uk to get the discount, which is valid until November 30. Browse the full range of NHS discounts at https://www.vouchercodes.co.uk/nhsdiscounts.
Details accurate at time of going to print. Offers subject to availability and may be affected by delivery restrictions imposed by retailers. If you see a TinyURL link in this article, it’s just a convenient way of redirecting you to a web page that would otherwise have a long address.