Netting a Bargain: Amazon Prime Day bonus £10; four months Music Unlimited free for Prime members; free Amazon £10 for paying with Mastercard
Jonathan Campbell rounds up the best deals on the web and the high street
- BUY £10 or more of 'small business' products from www.amazon.co.uk by Sunday June 20 and you'll be credited with £10 to spend on Prime Day. Prime Day - actually just short of 48 hours, from 12.01am on June 21 until 11.59pm on June 22 - is Amazon's occasional special offer period for members of its Prime service. Find the qualifying products, such as these personalised enamel mugs from That's Nice That for £14.75, in the ‘small business' category at https://www.amazon.co.uk/storefronts. That's also where you'll find the full terms and conditions, including instructions for how to claim your £10 credit.
- When Prime Day rolls around, members will also get £7 promotional credit if they top up their account with £50 or more. Spend £15 on Kindle books and get a bonus £5 to spend on them. Buy a fourth-generation Echo Dot and get six months' Amazon Music Unlimited (normally £7.99 per month) free. Not buying an Echo Dot? Well if you're a Prime member but you've never tried Amazon Music Unlimited, at the moment you can get four months free instead of the usual month-long trial. Thereafter you will automatically be billed £7.99 per month unless you cancel. That offer runs until June 22.
- Got a Mastercard? Then keep an eye out for a promotional banner ad on the Amazon homepage. Until July 7, selected accounts (including mine this time) will see an ad promoting a bonus £10 credit for changing your one-click payment method to Mastercard. The £10 will be deducted from the cost of your next eligible purchase made by December 31. The offer seems to apply to customers whose one-click setting is not already a Mastercard.
- From Wednesday June 16 to Thursday June 24, buy six or more bottles of wine, champagne and prosecco at Sainsbury's and get 25 per cent off. The offer excludes bottles 200ml and under, all House wine, fortified wine, boxed wine and gift sets.
- Ikea has a summer sale on until August 31 and that's a good reason to mention the Family card. It's a free loyalty scheme whose benefits include special offers and free exchanges if you break a product during transport or assembly. You can also claim a free cup or tea or filter coffee every Monday to Friday. Find out more at https://www.ikea.com/gb/en/ikea-family/benefits.
- Until 11.59pm on Tuesday June 15 you'll get 15 per cent off at www.coffee-direct.co.uk with the code 15OFF. Ordered in the last week? Just email them to claim the discount as a partial refund.
Details accurate at time of going to print. Offers subject to availability and may be affected by delivery restrictions imposed by retailers. If you see a TinyURL link in this article, it's just a convenient way of redirecting you to a web page that would otherwise have a long address.