Belfast Chamber is going back to dinner with October business awards bash
BELFAST Chamber of Commerce become the first business body in the north to confirm post-lockdown plans for a major black tie dinner in the city.
It has revealed details of its sixth annual business awards, due to take place on Friday October 22 at the Crowne Plaza Hotel.
Spanning 22 categories ranging from business success and new business idea or service, to green champion and best company to work for, the event seeks to showcase the best of Belfast business in what has been a challenging year.
Chamber chief executive Simon Hamilton said: “It's been a year like no other as businesses were tested and challenged in unprecedented ways. But they’ve done what they always done and responded with their customary strength and spirit and shown unbelievable agility and resilience.
“The 2021 Belfast Chamber Business Awards are all about acknowledging the best of our business and will recognise those who have gone above and beyond to support their staff and the local community as well as acknowledging that innate ability to adapt and innovate that businesses in our city possess in abundance.
“Belfast Chamber is proud of the businesses who keep developing new products and services, who have used technology to make a massive difference to people’s lives and who just keep going no matter what the circumstances. Those qualities are worth recognising, and we look forward to coming together in October.”
The awards' headline sponsor is Bank of Ireland UK, whose head of Belfast business banking Paul McClurg said “We understand the challenges businesses have faced over the last 12 months and continue to navigate as we emerge from the pandemic, but we champion recognition of the hard work, resilience, creativity and innovation of local businesses.
“We have witnessed first-hand how many have adapted, transformed and diversified to meet the rapid changes in policy, customer behaviour, expectations and culture, and we are proud to again help, support and recognise the work that has been done over the past 12 months.”
Entries for the Belfast Business Awards must be received at www.belfastchamber.com by midnight on Friday September 3.
Full list of categories and sponsors:
1 Customer Service Excellence (sponsored by Specsavers /Power NI)
2. Best New Business (sponsored by Belfast One)
3. Family Business of the Year (sponsored by Willis Insurance)
4. Best Company to Work For (sponsored by Belfast Works)
5. Social Enterprise Award (sponsored by East Belfast Mission)
6. Business Success (sponsored by Grant Thornton)
7. Business Innovation Award (sponsored by Power NI)
8. Communication Excellence Award
9. New Business Idea Award (sponsored by Cool FM)
10. Business Premises of the Year (sponsored by Linen Quarter BID)
11. Young Business Person of the Year (sponsored by Victoria Square)
12. Team of the Year (sponsored by Castlecourt)
13. Business Leader of the Year (sponsored by Value Cab)
14. Best Digital Business (sponsored by Exterion Media)
15. Best Eatery/Coffee Shop
16. Creative Business (sponsored by Destination CQ)
17. Age-friendly Business of the Year (sponsored by Age Charter)
18. Technology Business Award (sponsored by Belfast City Council)
19. Disability Initiative by an Employer Award (sponsored by Equality Commission for Northern Ireland)
20. Green Champion (sponsored by Queen's University)
21.Outstanding Support During Covid-19 (sponsored by Icemos Technology)
22. Lifetime Achievement Award (sponsored by Bank of Ireland)