ONE hundred years ago, on October 15 1919, a British government committee under the chairmanship of Walter Long met for the first time to draft the fourth home rule bill, which became known as the Government of Ireland Act 1920 in its final form.
Books Headlines see all »
- It's doubtful that Sinn Féin taking seats 100 years ago would have thwarted Partition
- School's in for fans of famous folklorist Michael J Murphy
- Book reviews: David Cameron's For The Record, Ian McEwan's The Cockroach
- Louis Theroux talks about his new book and his penchant for the peculiar
- Singer Gareth Dunlop and author Emma Heatherington's novel new partnership