Niall Horan and Modest! Golf chip in again for Northern Ireland Open at Galgorm Castle
Niall Horan may be in the Emirates this week supporting his players, Scotland’s Connor Syme and England’s Jack Singh Brar, and friend Rory McIlroy, but he has one eye on the home business with news of his own international golf tournament.
It is announced that Modest! Golf has confirmed they are back on board for a third consecutive year to back this year’s Northern Ireland Open, at Galgorm Castle, in August.
This tournament has evolved into a global event since its inception as a stop on the European Tour Group in 2013.
The event has evolved as the most popular on the tour and it will be hosted at the Ballymena venue on August 16 to 19.
“We are delighted to announce Modest! Golf’s return to the Northern Ireland Open for the third year. The event has grown every year and we look forward to linking up with Galgorm Castle and the Challenge Tour once again,” said Horan.
Over 43,000 spectators came through the gates at Galgorm Castle in 2017 to witness the drama unfold before Robin Sciot-Siegrist from France was crowned champion in the Shootout Sunday format. .
The NI Open continues to be a family friendly event and 2018 will be no different with plenty of activities and attractions to take place away from the fairways.
The GolfNow Junior NI Open proved a big hit last year and will showcase the junior talent for a second time when played over the six-hole course at the Galgorm Castle’s Fun Golf Area.
“For years the NI Open has provided Irish players much-needed playing opportunities,” explains Gary Henry, Managing Director Galgorm Castle. “Irish professionals have the chance to compete on home soil against some of the best players in the world in one of the best events on the schedule.”
“This Challenge Tour event is so important to us as a business,” added Horan. “Year on year, this tour develops the next generation of European Tour winners and Major champions.
“We have lots of plans with Galgorm Castle to develop this event even further over the coming years.”
Aubrey Irwin, Tourism Ireland, said: “The Northern Ireland Open is a wonderful event, giving us an opportunity to showcase our world-class golf courses to a huge number of golfing enthusiasts across the world.
“There is tremendous interest in this event, as part of the European Challenge Tour series, and Tourism Ireland estimates that highlights of the event will be broadcast to approximately 540 million homes, via Sky Sports and their 26 international broadcast partners, and through digital media.
“The 2018 Northern Ireland Open will once again shine a spotlight on golf here, helping us to highlight our superb parkland courses, which complement the world-class links for which Northern Ireland is known around the world.”
The NI Open continues to be free to enter for all the family. To get your tickets for the 2018 event, simply register online at niopen.golf.