Using my business loss to reduce my tax bill

You can use the loss in the current tax year and set it against all of your other income including income from savings.
Malachy McLernon
QUESTION: I have a small self-employment business which has made a loss for the past two tax years. I am confident that it will be profitable again in the current tax year. My only other income is inv[...]

You have reached your limit of free articles

To read the full story

Registered users get 5 regular articles and 1 free Premium article per week.



Enjoy reading the Irish News?

Subscribe from just £1 for the first month to get full access


Today's horoscope


See a different horoscope: