Key role for St Comgall's site
The former St Comgall's primary school in west Belfast occupies a prominent position which in many ways provides a gateway between the city centre and the Falls Road.
It has been a landmark building since it first opened in 1855, the same year that The Belfast Morning News, the predecessor of this newspaper, was launched, and it is disappointing that it has been derelict for decades.
There was frustration when a previous attempt to locate a Gaelscoil on the site was blocked so there will be considerable satisfaction that it is to be the base for a £7m mixed-use community hub.
The new development, a partnership between Belfast City Council and the Falls Community Council backed by central government funding, will be expected to play a key role in the regeneration of an historic district.