When Arlene Foster said yesterday of Martin McGuinness that while ‘many victims are feeling very hurt’ she knew republicans were mourning ‘a leader, a friend, or a mentor’, she sounded a note all the more welcome because it was fresh.
Columnists Headlines see all »
- Allison Morris: Northern Ireland's place, in Britain and EU, has never been so uncertain.
- Newton Emerson: Sinn Féin's Brexploitation may secure border poll within years
- Fionnuala O Connor: Arlene Foster needs to muster some of Martin McGuinness's grace
- Jarlath Kearney: Where are the high-level talks on suicide prevention?
- Brian Feeney: We need a general election in south to get rid of Fine Gael
Fionnuala O Connor