After a few hours of shocked silence from Sinn Féin on Monday Gerry Adams’s ambivalent response to the DUP-Conservative deal indicated that the party would go back into a Stormont executive, the only question was when.
Columnists Headlines see all »
- Jarlath Kearney: Much can be learned and achieved around any table
- Brian Feeney: DUP/Tory deal is horribly bad for Sinn Féin
- Anita Robinson: I would rather dig ditches than use a needle and thread
- Fionnuala O Connor: Theresa May in survival mode as she does a deal with unloved DUP
- Patrick Murphy: DUP look smug as they put Sinn Féin on the spot
Fionnuala O Connor