Gardaí urge people not to distribute distressing images following Keane Mulready Woods murder
Gardaí have urged people not to post or distribute distressing images believed to be that of murder victim Keane Mulready Woods.
The 17-year-old from Drogheda was abducted and murdered and his body was discovered in two separate locations in Dublin's Northside.
Chief Superintendent Christy Mangan said Keane's family are very distressed by the video and images and he asked people not to circulate the material, adding that it was disrespectful to the victim and his family and is frightening other people including potential witnesses.
A house in the Rathmullen Park area of Drogheda remains sealed off as forensic specialists continue a detailed examination of the property.
Chief Supt Mangan said gardaí are gathering information and intelligence on what happened to Keane since he was last seen at Dominic's Bridge in Drogheda at 6pm last Sunday. He did not answer his phone or reply to messages after that.
Gardaí have appealed for information on the movements of a blue Volvo S40 in which the remains were found in Ballybough in Dublin yesterday morning.
The car was stolen in Sandymount in Dublin last month and fitted with false number plates. Gardaí want to establish its movements since then and where it was parked.
They believe Keane was murdered as part of the ongoing feud between two criminal gangs in Drogheda.
Garda Commissioner Drew Harris said the full resources of An Garda Síochána are available to the team investigating Keane's murder.
Taoiseach Leo Varadkar described the killing as "the most gruesome, grotesque murder I can think of".
"I was really shocked by it. I just want to reassure the public, particularly the people of Drogheda, that the gardaí will have all the resources they need to find the people who carried out this crime and bring them to justice," he said.
Leo Varadkar visited Droghega this morning.
Speaking to media before meeting Gardai officers in Drogheda @LeoVaradkar urged anyone with information that can help police catch those responsible for brutal murder of Keane Mulready-Woods to come forward + assured them they’ll be protected @rtenews pic.twitter.com/Q5FGfufx3X— Vincent Kearney (@vincekearney) January 17, 2020