Omagh hospital declared safe after chemical leak
A CHEMICAL leak at Omagh hospital led to the facility being partially evacuated this morning.
The hospital, which also has a primary care complex, was fully re-opened at lunch time.
The Northern Ireland Fire and Rescue Service (NIFRS) said they had "received a call regarding a smell of fumes" at the hospital on the Donaghanie Road.
The cause of the smell was identified as "coming from a small chemical leak in the plant room".
Four people were assessed by an ambulance staff.
No patients were harmed during the incident, according to the Western health trust.
The £105m hospital opened in 2017, replacing the 118-year-old Tyrone County Hospital.