Fundraising page set up to help the families of the 'three Greenvale angels'
A FUNDRAISING page set up to help the families of the "three Greenvale angels" had last night raised more than £3,000 within just a few hours.
The page was launched following the tragic deaths of Lauren Bullock (17), Morgan Barnard (17) and Connor Currie (16) following an incident outside the Greenvale Hotel, Cookstown on Sunday.
A GoFundMe page was set up by Coalisland woman Janice Devlin, who said she wanted to help relatives of those touched by the tragedy.
She said the online fundraising page was dedicated to the "three angels who died at the Greenvale Hotel".
Donations will be used to pay for flowers for the victims’ funerals, with all additional money raised going to their grieving families.
- Owner of Greenvale Hotel arrested on suspicion of manslaughter
- Teenager recalls tragic scenes at Greenvale Hotel in Cookstown
- You were just met with her smile - friend's tribute to Lauren Bullock
"Hi to all that donated, thinking of ordering flowers with each of their names first from everyone and then divide the rest to each of the families," she wrote.
"Thank you so much for each of your donations."
A £2,000 goal had been set when the page was established, but more than £3,000 had last night already been pledged.
Many people donating to the page have left tributes to the three teenagers.
- Immense sadness as communities try to come to terms Cookstown tragedy
- Hundreds of young people come together at special service for Greenvale victims
- NHS 'support' plans discussed following Greenvale disco tragedy
"When you want to do something to help, perhaps this may be the only way that you can show those affected that even though you don't know them, you are devastated with them," said one tribute.
Another said: "Heartbreaking, God bless the families. Three beautiful children taken too soon".
Another message added: "I can't begin to comprehend what these poor families are going through or what lies ahead for them. So tragic. RIP".