Emma Little-Pengelly says funding for victims' group should be suspended over attendance at IRA men's anniversary Mass
A DUP MP has said a victims' group should have its funding suspended after it attended an anniversary Mass for three IRA men shot dead by the SAS in Co Tyrone.
Relatives for Justice (RJF) tweeted last month that it was "privileged" to be at the 29th anniversary Mass for Brian Mullin and brothers Gerard and Martin Harte.
The tweet included a photo of a commemorative plaque which said they were "killed in action".
The three were killed by the SAS near Drumnakilly on August 30 1988 - 10 days after eight British soldiers died in the IRA Ballygawley bus bombing.
South Belfast DUP MP Emma Little-Pengelly said there should be an "immediate suspension of funding" for Relatives for Justice and called for "an urgent and full investigation".
Mrs Little-Pengelly told the News Letter the men were killed while "lying in wait to ambush a part-time UDR soldier during his work as a coal man".
She later tweeted: "Even by their own admission & referenced in plaque they were IRA 'killed in action' - victim makers, not victims".
RJF receives Executive Office funding through the Victims' and Survivors' Service.
A spokesman for the victims' group later tweeted: "We support all victims and survivors without fear or favour.
"RFJ's vision and mission and values is inclusive and respectful of all experiences of conflict."