Vital festival preparations underway
BELFAST Vital returns to host two massive concerts at the city's Boucher Road Playing Fields this week.
Muse will headline on Wednesday August 23 with support from Biffy Clyro, Northing But Thieves and Dublin rock band Fangclub.
The second gig takes place on Saturday August 26 with Dutch DJ Tiesto headlining with support from Clean Bandit and Robin Schulz.
Gates open at 4pm on both days with first act on stage at 4.30pm.
There will be increased security measures and no backpacks or large handbags will be allowed into the venue.
Concert-goers are advised to be prepared for the weather and, if necessary, bring wellies.
Promoters have also issued the following advice:
- Do not bring alcohol, food, drinks (excl. less than 500ml sealed water) glass, cans, fireworks, flags, laser pens or pointers, spikes, studs or anything dangerous, umbrellas, poles, fold up or blow up chairs or garden furniture, professional audio or visual recording equipment – It is likely you will be removed from site if these items are found on your possession, and there are no lockers for storage. Prohibited items will be confiscated and disposed of accordingly
- Football or GAA tops will not be permitted on the concert site, so please don’t wear these to the event. Sports flags / banners are also not permitted.
- Do not buy tickets from unofficial sources.
- Do not rush the exits after the concerts.
- Moshing, Crowd Surfing and other antisocial behaviour is not permitted – those found doing so may be removed from site without refund
TRAINS: Late night return train services will run from Balmoral Station to Belfast City Centre, Portadown, Bangor, Carrickfergus & Coleraine from approximately 10.45pm – 11.45pm. Buy your return ticket online or from any main station.
COACHES: Special regional coach services will operate from L’Derry, Newry, Strabane, Omagh and Dungannon. Bookings must be made online in advance.
METRO SHUTTLE SERVICE: Regular Metro shuttle bus services will operate to and from the concerts, departing from Donegal Square East, approximately every 10 minutes. NB: A Metro Shuttle bus service will be stationed on Boucher Crescent, just off Boucher Road and will be available after each concert to take you back into the city centre.
For more information visit translink.co.uk/concert-event-travel/vital-festival.