News

Co Tyrone restaurant death 'not suspicious'

ASSAULTS: The NIAS said there were 35 incidents between May 29 and June 7

POLICE have said the sudden death of a man in Co Tyrone over the weekend is not being treated as suspicious.

Police and paramedics were called to a restaurant in Aughnacloy shortly after 5pm on Saturday.

The Northern Ireland Ambulance Service said two emergency crews attended the scene on Moore Street after reports of an incident.

A spokesperson said: “Following assessment and initial treatment at the scene no-one was taken to hospital.”

The PSNI also confirmed that officers attended the scene, but said: “The death is not being treated as suspicious.”

It's understood the man, who was aged in his mid-60s, had been customer in the restaurant when he died.

Enjoy reading the Irish News?

Subscribe now to get full access

Topics

Categories

News