Eleven employers in Northern Ireland fined for underpaying staff
ELEVEN employers in Northern Ireland have been fined for failing to pay the national living and minimum wage to their staff.
Among the employers named on the list by HMRC include the Roe Park Resort in Limavady, the Dromore Diocesan Trust and Sunnymead Residential Home in Armagh.
More than £38,000 was owed to 222 employees across the north.
The minimum wage is £4.20 per hour for those aged under 18, rising to £7.83 for those over 25.
A total of 239 firms in the UK have been identified as underpaying staff, and have been ordered to pay almost £3.5 million in back-pay and fines.
Secretary of State Karen Bradley said: "It is only right that thanks to government investigations, 222 people in Northern Ireland will get the back pay they deserve."
Amongst the top five reasons identified for underpayment was the underpayment of apprentices and the deduction from wages for costs such as uniforms.
The full list of employers in Northern Ireland, broken down by council area, is:
- Oliver Kerr, trading as Origin Fresh, Fermanagh and Omagh, failed to pay £10,317.95 to three workers
- Oak Grove Cabins Ltd, Derry City and Strabane, failed to pay £2,728.35 to one worker
- April Louise Thompson and Nicola Frances Thompson, trading as Baby Maids, Armagh City, Banbridge and Craigavon, failed to pay £3,283.65 to 18 workers
- Dromore Diocesan Trust, Armagh City, Banbridge and Craigavon, failed to pay £3,844.98 to three workers
- Hypersync Limited, Newry, Mourne and Down, failed to pay £1,518 to one worker
- George Nicholl, trading as Nicholl Plaster Mouldings, Lisburn and Castlereagh, failed to pay £281.70 to one worker
- Trackars Limited, Belfast, failed to pay £3,334.55 to 23 workers
- Sunnymead (Armagh) Limited, trading as Sunnymead Residential Home, Armagh City, Banbridge and Craigavon, failed to pay £6,507.01 to 76 workers
- Roe Park Holdings Limited, trading as Roe Park Resort, Causeway Coast and Glens, failed to pay £3,399.28 to 46 workers
- The Tilery Limited, trading as The Tilery Nursing Home, Fermanagh and Omagh, failed to pay £2,423.50 to 33 workers
- Exact CNC (NI) Ltd, Newry, Mourne and Down, failed to pay £576.16 to 17 workers, with average arrears of £33.89 per worker