House of Fraser in Belfast evacuated on Black Friday
A BELFAST department store was evacuated yesterday morning on one of the busiest shopping days of the year due to a false alarm.
Hundreds of customers werein House of Fraser in Victoria Square, hoping to grab a Black Friday bargain, when a fire alarm went off at around midday.
Staff waited on the road opposite the store as fire crews examined the area.
A faulty sprinkler was later found to have triggered the alarm.
Staff and shoppers were allowed to return to the store after around 30 minutes.