Inquest to be held into Co Down nursing home resident
AN inquest date has been set for a Co Down nursing home resident who died after choking on a plastic 'foreign body'.
Donna McMaunus (57) passed away in March last year at Bangor nursing home.
At a preliminary hearing in Belfast yesterday, coroner Suzanne Anderson said she had gone to the state pathologist's office with a PSNI officer to examine the object, which she said resembled a 'bit of plastic sheeting' with a serrated edge.
Ms Anderson said it was still unclear what the body actually was.
It emerged during yesterday's hearing that Ms McManus had been an inpatient at Muckamore hospital for several years.
Ms Anderson said it would be important to ascertain if the deceased had a history or 'propensity' of swallowing foreign objects.
An full inquest into the death will take place on November 30.