Pat Hickey says he'll fight Olympic ticket charges '100 per cent'
FORMER Olympic Council of Ireland president Pat Hickey has vowed to fight ticket-touting allegations "one hundred per cent" following his release from prison in Rio.
Mr Hickey temporarily stood down as president following his arrest on August 17 over alleged mis-selling of tickets for the Olympics.
A judge in Rio recommended on Monday that the 71-year-old be released from Bangu Prison and placed under house arrest.
Following his release Mr Hickey was seen eating lunch before strolling the streets of Rio with his lawyer.
Asked if he intended to fight the allegations against him, Mr Hickey told the Irish Independent: "One hundred per cent, that's why you see my lawyer here with me."
Before being transferred to a high-security prison last month, Mr Hickey had been taken to hospital for tests after complaining of health problems.
When asked if he had any comment to make on the accusations against him, he said: "You got my statement. It's clear, I have health problems I am attending to."
In a statement following his release Mr Hickey had said: "My lawyers will proceed to have the charges laid against me set aside as there is no substantive proof of any wrongdoing on my part."
The Republic's sports minister Shane Ross has ordered an inquiry into the ticketing claims.
Several other Olympic Council of Ireland officials are still in Rio after they had their passports seized by Brazilian police investigating the ticketing scandal.