Art world's most powerful top 10 includes only one British name
Only one British name has made it into the top 10 list of the most powerful people in the art world.
ArtReview Power 100 ranks the biggest names in contemporary art.
Sir Nicholas Serota, the former Tate director and now chairman of Arts Council England, is not in the list for the first time since it began in 2002.
Maria Balshaw, the British director of Tate, is in 16th place, while British art gallery owners Sadie Coles and Jay Jopling feature at 34 and 47.
Top of the rankings is Hito Steyerl, a German filmmaker and artist whose work has included a video on invisibility.
Others in the top 10 include Hans Ulrich Obrist, the Swiss artistic director of the Serpentine Galleries, and Polish artistic director Adam Szymczyk.
Gavin Brown, an art dealer, is the only British name to make it into the top 10, in tenth place.
Steyerl is only the fourth woman to top the list since its inception and the third artist, after Damien Hirst in 2008 and Ai Weiwei in 2011.
1. Hito Steyerl (German artist)
2. Pierre Huyghe (French artist)
3. Donna Haraway (US philosopher)
4. Adam Szymczyk (Artistic director, Documenta 14)
5. David Zwirner (Art dealer and gallery owner)
6. Hans Ulrich Obrist (Serpentine Galleries artistic director)
7. Iwan and Manuela Wirth (Gallerists)
8. Thelma Golden (Museum director)
9. Bruno Latour (French philosopher)
10. Gavin Brown (Art dealer)