THE English writer Laurie Lee in his novel As I Walked Out One Midsummer Morning records his journey on foot through Spain in 1935 and 36 just before the Spanish Civil War broke out.
Ed Carty, Press Association
Environment Headlines see all »
- Take On Nature: It's time to reintroduce wolves to Ireland
- Outdoors: Get your boots on for this year's Mourne walking festival
- Belfast Zoo celebrates arrival of three white-belted ruffed lemurs and wants help to name them
- Take on Nature: Herb Robert's here – or is it woodland elves?
- Outdoors: Spring gardens on show