On Trend: 7 travel-inspired fragrances to lift your mood
Take your senses on a journey with these sumptuous scents, says Katie Wright
It's well known that our sense of smell is closely linked with memory, which is why the aroma of sun cream can remind us of happy, hazy days on the beach, or even the slightest whiff of fish and chips can conjure childhood trips to the seaside.
Sadly, with overseas holidays postponed for many of us, we may not be making as many memories this year, but if it's olfactory escapism you're after, there is another way.
A few spritzes of perfume are all it takes to transport your mind to distant shores – and lift your mood – so why not treat yourself to a new bottle of fragrance?
From cult favourites to recent hot launches, here are seven beautiful scents inspired by summer sojourns...
1. Jo Loves Mango Thai Lime Parfum, £70 for 50ml, Space NK
2. Nivea Sun Eau de Toilette, £25 for 30ml, Amazon
3. Marc Jacobs Daisy Eau So Fresh Eau de Toilette, £69 for 75ml, Boots
4. Shiseido Rising Sun Eau de Toilette, £52 for 100ml, Escentual
5. Stories No.01 Eau de Parfum, £75 for 30ml
6. Sol de Janeiro Sol Cheirosa '62 Eau De Parfum, £78 for 50ml, Cult Beauty
7. Dolce and Gabbana Limited Edition Light Blue Sun For Her Eau de Toilette, £57 for 50ml, Debenhams