Netting a Bargain: Nectar double-up and Caffe Nero offer; Tesco 10p fuel voucher; half-price earphones; 25% off Sainsbury's Tu clothing
Jonathan Campbell rounds up the best deals on the web and the high street
- NECTAR cardholders can redeem 1,000 points (normally worth £5) for five hot drinks of any size at Caffe Nero at the moment. The offer is valid for sitting in or takeaway. Usually a single drink voucher costs 350 points so this is a great deal which means you get each one for the equivalent of £1. You can't pay at the cafe using your points. You must exchange them for vouchers at www.nectar.com or on the free Nectar smartphone app first. They have an expiry date of December 31 next year so if you have enough points, it's worth stocking up. You can't combine this with any other offers but you can claim Nero loyalty stamps with each transaction. Full terms and conditions are listed on the site.
- Prefer to spend your Nectar points on something else? You'll soon be able to avail of the Sainsbury's double-up promotion. From October 29 to November 4 you can exchange your points at www.nectar.com for double their usual value. In store it will happen from November 12 to 18. You must have at least 1,000 points to participate in the promotion. Each 1,000 is worth a £10 voucher in certain departments instead of the usual £5. These are: cosmetics; electricals; entertainment; fragrance; gifts; homeware; seasonal goods; skincare; Taste the Difference wine, champagne, sparkling wine, sherry and port; toys; and Tu clothing.
- Spend £60 or more in store at Tesco (or on grocery orders from www.tesco.com) and you'll get a voucher for 10p off each litre of fuel you buy at the supermarket chain's filling stations. The offer is valid until November 4. Vouchers are valid until November 18. The maximum fill is 100 litres.
- Listen up: Argos has Jam Ultra wireless in-ear headphones half price, down to £49.99 until December 31. Order at https://www.argos.co.uk/product/7095290.
- Sainsburys has 25 per cent off all Tu clothing until close of business on Monday.
- Boots has started its three-for-two mix-and-match Christmas gifts offer. A highlight is the Soap & Glory All-Spa Cast gift set, which is already reduced from £20 to £15.
- Snapfish has up to 50 per cent off calendars for the new year until 11.59pm on Sunday. Use the code CAL1018 at www.snapfish.co.uk for 40 per cent off all calendars or 50 per cent off when you spend £35-plus.
- If you can find a copy of the October edition of Tesco's free in-store magazine (look for the cover image of a salted caramel tart), flick to page 58. There you'll find a coupon for a free 6x25g pack of Walkers Baked crisps worth about £1.50. It's valid until October 31.
- Kids eat free at Yo! Sushi this half term. Until November 2, each child aged 12 and under gets a free kids' meal worth £5.95 when each accompanying adult spends £10 or more on food and drink. Dessert from the kids' menu can be added for £1.50.
Details accurate at time of going to print. Offers subject to availability. If you see a TinyURL link in this article, it's just a convenient way of redirecting you to a web page that would otherwise have a long address.