Fashion: 10 pairs of outrageously sparkly party shoes for under £40
Presenting the season's the most fabulous festive footwear
CAST your mind back a few seasons and you'll recall it was all about block colours and block heels in the shoe department – and the only place you'd find shimmery detailing was on satin wedding shoes.
Fast forward to AW17, however, and glitter is back. We think Kirakira, the app that enhances shimmer on your Instagram videos and photos, has something to do with the twinkly turnaround.
And this trend is big. Even minimalism-loving Victoria Beckham has embraced it with her silver and red Dorothy pumps.
A pair of Mrs Beckham's spangly shoes will set you back more than £500, but the good news is that right now, there are tons of high heels on the high street that are just as dazzling at a fraction of the price.
Here are 10 ways to embrace embellishment and still get change from 40 quid.
1. New Look Silver Glitter Bow Pointed Court Heels, £13.99 (were £27.99)
2. M&S Collection Stiletto Heel Fine Strap Court Shoes, £29.50
3. Dorothy Perkins Multi Coloured Glitter Emily Pointed Court Shoes, £13.50 (were £27)
4. Deichmann Sparkle Stiletto, £19.99
5. Debenhams Faith Lala High Stiletto Heel Ankle Strap Sandals, £39.20 (were £49)
6. Wallis Black Glitter Sandals, £29 (were £42)
7. M&Co Sparkly Heeled Courts, £25 (were £32)
8. River Island Gold Glitter Two Part Cone Heel Court Shoes, £20 (were £45)
9. V by Very Kayla Feather Glitter Heel Nude Sandals, £30 (were £38)
10. Bonprix Gold Strappy Party Sandals, £22.99 (were £27.99)