Netting A Bargain: BT broadband customers get a Sim-only phone deal for a bargain price
Jonathan Campbell rounds up the best deals on the web and the high street
- BT BROADBAND customers in search of a Sim-only phone contract can get a special offer with BT Mobile (which uses the EE network). The one-year contract costs £12 per month (£17 if you aren't a broadband customer). The sweetener is that you can claim a £60 prepaid Mastercard, which effectively reduces the monthly cost to £7 (or £12 for non-broadband customers). You get 6GB of 4G data each month as well as unlimited minutes, texts, BT Wi-Fi and BT Sport on your mobile (for the last bit, read www.bt.com/sportonthego). Go to www.bt.com and click on 'Sim-only deals' to find the offer. Make sure to click 'I'm a BT broadband customer' if the price doesn't already reflect that.
- Eurospar has saved up a couple of juicy offers for its final two Christmas stock-up-and-save deals. The latest, from December 18 to 24, gives you 2kg of Clementines for half price (£2). From December 25 to 31, 1.6-litre cartons of Tropicana orange juice are less than half price at £1.49 (usually £3.89). The deals are limited to six per transaction.
- Buying a gift for the fitness fanatic in your life? Fitbit's web store (www.fitbit.com) has up to £40 off its products until 11.59pm on December 20.
- Don't forget your pooch this Christmas. Lidl's latest offers include a dog jumper for just £3.99.
- Sign up to Omniplex's mailing list and you'll get 10 per cent off tickets to the cinema chain's standard showings. Check out Star Wars: The Last Jedi and may the force of discount be with you. Find out more at www.omniplex.ie.
- Join the Richer Sounds VIP Club mailing list and you'll be sent details of special offers. As well as deals that apply to specific models of TVs, Blu-ray players and sound systems, the latest newsletter includes vouchers for £10 off a £100 spend, £30 off any rack or bracket when bought with any TV and £25 off any TV soundbar over £300. These are valid until December 22. Find out more at www.richersounds.com.
- Until December 28, Boots Advantage cardholders can collect £4 worth of points on a £20 spend when you download and install the Boots app. The offer applies in store and online but to avail of it you need to link your card to the app, which you can download from the Apple App Store or Google Play.
- Amazon's unlimited music streaming normally costs £14.99 per month for the family service, which allows up to six users on multiple playback devices, but at the moment new users can get three months for just £3. Enter the promotional code FAMILY3 when signing up at www.amazon.co.uk. If you don't cancel before the three months are up (and you can do so straight away by going into your account settings and switching off the automatic renewal), you will be billed at the normal rate thereafter. The code is valid until 11.59pm on December 23 but Amazon has said it will end the promotion earlier if more than a certain number of people sign up.
Details accurate at time of going to print. Offers subject to availability. If you see a TinyURL link in this article, it’s just a convenient way of redirecting you to a web page that would otherwise have a long address.