Netting A Bargain: Do bonus Tesco Clubcard points app-peal to you?
Jonathan Campbell rounds up the best deals on the web and the high street
- TESCO is promoting its new Pay+ app as a payment method by awarding five Clubcard points per £4 spent in store (normally you earn only four points for spending that amount). This might not sound like much but it's a 25 per cent increase in points accrued on your grocery or fuel spends - and those points can be spent around Christmas and new year when money is tight. Every little helps, as they say. The incentive is running until January 14. The free app for Android and Apple smartphones allows you to store your credit or debit card details and then scan a barcode to pay at the till.
- H&M has a sale on with up to 60 per cent off - but if you're a member of the retailer's Club loyalty scheme you get an extra 15 per cent off (you need 50 points to do so). The discounts are valid on selected items in store and at www.hm.com while stocks last. If you aren't already a member of H&M Club, join for free at www2.hm.com/en_gb/hmclub.guest.html and you'll get 10 per cent off your first full-price purchase as well as earning one point per pound spent. In other words, to unlock the extra 15 per cent off sale items you'll need to have spent at least £50 already and redeem the resultant 50 points.
- Use the Snapfish app to order photo prints, canvases or gifts from www.snapfish.co.uk and you can get £5 off a £15 spend. You'll need to make it, well, snappy, though - the discount is valid until midnight on October 15. Use the code APP1017 to get it. The app gives you 50 free 6x4in prints every month for a year too. Download and install it for free from the Apple App Store or Google Play.
- Spend £50 or more at www.maplin.co.uk by October 12 and you'll get a free £5 voucher. Spend £100 or more and you'll get a £10 voucher. Maplin has £10 off a handy aluminium flight case at the moment, bringing it down from £34.99 to £24.99. Search for item N70AP or use the quick link http://tinyurl.com/yapgeegg.
- At the time of publication, Adidas was having a mid-season sale with up to 50 per cent off footwear and clothing on its website. Stock levels are likely to vary by the time you read this so check out the latest selection at www.adidas.co.uk. By way of illustration, a highlight at the time of writing were the Nemeziz Messi 17.1 firm-ground men's football boots, half price at £109.98 (usually £219.95).
Details accurate at time of going to print. Offers subject to availability. If you see a TinyURL link in this article, it’s just a convenient way of redirecting you to a web page that would otherwise have a long address.