10 retro floral print pieces that will take you from summer to autumn
Bold 70ss-style florals are perfect for tackling that tricky transitional fashion period
DELICATE rose and peony prints will never really go out of style, but right now there's a new kind of floral blooming in fashion – and it's not for shrinking violets.
As seen on the Gucci and Chloe catwalks, colourful 70s-style motifs are taking over, from trippy and large-scale to sweet, oriental-influenced patterns.
Offering a deeper, more saturated palette than summer petal prints, these wallpaper-esque fabrics are the perfect antidote for that late-summer slump when it's time to pack away the strappy tops and shorts, but you're not yet ready for fluffy coats and tights.
Choose one bold tailored piece – a blazer or wide-leg trousers work well – and pair with separates that match with the darkest colour in the print.
Or, if you're feeling brave, do the double in flowery co-ords – these lively looks can't fail to lift your mood.
Ready to shop? Here's our pick of the high street's top 10 retro print pieces.
1. Closet Green Floral Printed High Collar Sleeveless Top, £22.50; Grey and Green Floral Printed Wrap Skirt, £26, closetlondon.com
2. Oasis Black Floral Top, £38 and Skirt, £38 (available in September)
3. Hush Fleur Jumper, £85; Amie Joggers, £49.50; Twist Skater Shoes, £150, hush-uk.com
4. Office Atomic Boots, £70 (available September 4)
5. Topshop Glamorous Petite Floral Wide Leg Trousers, £35
6. Closet Red Floral Jacquard V Back Dress, £38.50, closetlondon.com
7. Dorothy Perkins Black and White Floral Lace Top, £20
8. Anthropologie Roksanda Floral Clutch, £118, anthropologie.com
9. JD Williams Floral Print Satin Blazer, £39, jdwilliams.co.uk
10. Sugarhill Boutique Floral Bee Print Summer Top, £26.60, sugarhillboutique.com