Netting A Bargain: Your guide to savvy shopping
Jonathan Campbell rounds up the best deals on the web and the high street
- SPAR is having a fruit and veg sale with much produce half price. These items include cherry tomatoes 250g (now 59p), iceberg lettuce (49p each), soft citrus punnet 750g (£1.14), new season potatoes 2kg (99p), Golden Delicious apples four-pack (£1) and brown onions 750g (59p). Other half-price items in other sections include Lavazza Prontissimo instant coffee 95g (£2.50), John West non-drain tuna steak 120g (£1.10), Birds Eye potato waffles 10-pack (£1), Birds Eye chicken dippers 12-pack (£1.30), one-litre bricks of Dale Farm vanilla or ripple sliceable ice-cream (£1.30), Yollies strawberry or cheesecake flavour 25g four-pack (£1), Denny deli selection crumbed ham 100g (£1.09), Cookstown smoked or unsmoked thick-cut back bacon 250g (£1.44), Dromona medium cheddar 350g (£1.79), Mueller Corner six-pack (£2.04) and Pepsi Max 330ml 12-pack (£3). These offers are valid until September 3, at participating stores and while stocks last.
- Photo-printing site www.snapfish.co.uk is giving 40 per cent off everything on its app, which you can download free from the Apple App Store or Google Play. Use the code APP817. It's valid until August 20. You'll also get 500 free prints when you download and install the app for the first time.
- Spend £4 or more in store in a single transaction at Boots by August 20 and you'll get a voucher for £5 worth of Advantage card points when you spend £35 on your next purchase. The voucher is valid until August 24. The eligible spend excludes postage stamps, mobile phone top-ups, infant milks, prescription items, gift cards or the plastic bag levy.
- Take out a Debenhams credit card and you'll receive introductory vouchers for 20 per cent off men's, women's and childrenswear, home products, plus 10 per cent off beauty, fragrance, gifts and toys, furniture and electricals. Some brands and concessions are excluded. The usual warnings apply: Don't apply for credit unless you can manage it wisely and be aware that the credit check might harm your chances of taking out another financial product in the near future. Read the full details at http://finance.debenhams.com.
- H&M is having a summer clearance sale at its website www.hm.com with as much as 70 per cent off. Stock levels will vary by the time you read this but get down to your nearest store and check out what's on offer. At the time of going to print, one of the highlights was a handbag down from £34.99 to £11.99.
Details accurate at time of publication. Offers subject to availability.