Get festival ready with our pick of Macs for an Irish summer
The humble mac has had a fashion makeover this summer. Here are the high street's best...
COMPARED with, say, a lace dress or ankle strap heels, the word anorak doesn't quite get our sartorial hearts beating in the same way, does it?
And yet a waterproof jacket is an absolute essential if you're heading to a summer festival, be it Belsonic, Electric Picnic, Glasto or Stendhal – or any other festival in these islands for that matter – for obvious reasons.
But this summer the fashion gods have answered our prayers, because right now there are tons of macs in the shops that will actually have you praying for rain.
Well, not really, but if you do have to pack a mac, make sure it's one of these cool cover-ups...
1. Topshop Vinyl Hooded Rain Mac, £45
2. New Look Pink Metallic Hooded Anorak, £44.99
3. Next Khaki Print Pack Away Mac, £30
4. PrettyLittleThing Jenny Gold Metallic Rain Mac, £45
5. New Look Yellow Matte Anorak, £34.99
6. PrettyLittleThing Cobie Green Holographic Rain Mac, £25
7. George at Asda Shower Resistant Packable Parka, £12
8. Bonmarche Duck Egg Shower Resistant Coat, £30
9. M&S Collection Parka Coat with Stormwear, £65
10. Barbour Cirruss Waterproof Jacket, £149
11. Evans Floral Print Rain Mac, £20
12. V by Very Waterproof Lightweight Jacket, £17.50 (reduced from £35)