Netting a Bargain: £10 Sim-only mobile phone deal worth texting a friend about
- CONSUMER website www.moneysavingexpert.com has arranged a cheap Sim-only mobile phone deal with Plusnet, valid until May 9. For £10 per month you get 1,500 minutes, unlimited text messages and 5GB of 4G data. The contract is of the one-month rolling kind so if you find it's not right for you, you can leave without penalty. Find out more at https://www.plus.net/mobile/deals/5gb/mse/april17.
- Until close of business on May 1, Sainsbury's is awarding 10 times the usual number of Nectar points per transaction. The promotion is valid in store or for online orders but it's now too late for the latter. You'll also receive 10 points per litre of fuel you buy at Sainsbury's filling stations. Exclusions from the qualifying spend are: spirits and liqueurs, first-stage baby milk products, National Lottery, tobacco, gift vouchers, gift cards, prescription medicines, over-the-counter medicines, postage stamps, savings stamps, mobile phone vouchers, phone cards, e-top-up, pay point payments, charity products and car park tickets.
- Make it snappy: Photo-printing website www.snapfish.co.uk is giving up to 50 per cent off in its spend-and-save deals until midnight on May 1. Use the code SAVE417 for 30 per cent off all orders, 40 per cent off orders over £25 or 50 per cent off orders over £50.
- The latest M&S £10 meal deal is on until May 2, saving you at least £5 if you planned to buy the food and drink items in it individually. You get a main dish, a side dish, a dessert and a bottle of wine (or non-alcoholic alternative) for £10. Check out the full details at www.marksandspencer.com/s/food-and-wine/dine-in.
- Also at www.marksandspencer.com (for online orders only), buy two cases of wine, champagne or beer and you'll get 25 per cent off. The offer applies to selected products only. No end date is listed on the site.
- Until May 2, spend £50 or more at Argos and you'll get a £5 gift card. Spend £100 and you'll get a £10 card. The gift cards are valid until May 24. For full details go to http://www.argos.co.uk/events/giftvoucher.html?tag=ar:homepage:top:slot4:companyvoucher.
- Finally, a freebie you might not have known was free. Apple has recently made its iWork office programs (Pages, Number and Keynote) complimentary for Mac, iPad and iPhone users. They're compatible with Microsoft Office programs to an extent too, which is useful. Download the iWork gratis at the App Store if you don't already have it. To use these programs, your Mac must be running the Sierra operating system. If you have an iPad or iPhone, it must be running iOS 10.
Details accurate at time of going to print. Offers subject to availability. If you see a TinyURL link in this article, it’s just a convenient way of redirecting you to a web page that would otherwise have a long address.